Living In 3D, Discern Next Steps: For Small Groups.Posted: March 8, 2012
Some of our small groups will be reviewing and applying Sunday’s message each week in their study and discussion. This blog is for them. But even if your group is studying something else, you may want to ask yourselves these questions for your own benefit. This blog is for you, too.
Sermon Recap: Living in 3D. We are called to Share Christ. How do we do that? We live in 3D: We develop friendships, we discover stories, and we discern next steps. This week we talked about discerning next steps. We do this by following the Holy Spirit’s lead. Here’s a simple way to do that.
• Ask the Holy Spirit for help. Where are you working in this person’s life?
• Ask the Person for Help. Where do you see God in your life?
• Make an invitation. Can I pray for you? Would you like to come to church? Can I share my story with you?
Here are a few suggested Discussion Questions.
1. The Holy Spirit is the world’s best evangelist. Is this a new idea for you?
2. Is following the lead of the Holy Spirit in Sharing Christ a new idea for you?
Here are a few suggested Application Questions.
1. Who are you going to ask the Holy Spirit about?
2. Who are you going to ask: What do you think of God?
Who are you planning on making an invitation to? What kind of invitation?